CITY COUNCIL MEETING March 20, 2014 7:00 P.M.
A pre-agenda meeting is held at 6:30pm in the conference room. This meeting gives members an opportunity to become familiar with the Agenda and is an open meeting.
NOTE: Public comments will be limited to 3 minutes per person.
1) Consider the closing of Main Street.
1) Consider a site plan submitted by Michael Wedincamp for the development of a 9.73 acre tract located at 300 W. Hwy. 80 for an Auction Facility to consist of a 60 x 175 commercial metal building and a 30 x 40 metal accessory building. (Planning Comm. recommends approval with stipulations)
2) Consider Promotion in the Police Department.
3) Consider filling a Part-Time Patrolman position in the Police Department
4) Consider purchase of a Chipper for the Public Works Department. (SPLOST/CIP)
5) Consider reappointment of Judge Tom Edenfield as Recorders Court Judge.
6) Consider reappointment of Brandon Galloway as Recorders Court Judge Pro-Tem.
7) Consider reappointment of Jay Duncan as Public Defender.
8) Consider appointment of Raymond Dickey as City Solicitor for Recorders Court.
9) Consider the purchase of a Kubota LA 524 Front End Loader in the amount of $5,015 for the Recreation Department. (SPLOST/CIP)
10) Consider the purchase of (2) pitching machines for the Recreation Department in the amount of $3,020. (SPLOST)
11) Consider entering into an agreement with Terracon for sub-grade core testing on Stagecoach Road in the amount of $1,975.
12) Consider approval to accept bids for emergency repairs to Stagecoach Road.
These are the items presented for consideration for inclusion on the City Council Agenda prior to the deadline of Wednesday, March 12, 2014.
Accounts payable Need motion
Adjourn Need motion