CITY COUNCIL MEETING – July 17, 2014 – 7:00 P.M.
A pre-agenda meeting is held at 6:30pm in the conference room. This meeting gives elected officials an opportunity to become familiar with the Agenda and is an open meeting.
NOTE: Public comments will be limited to 3 minutes per person.
1) PRESENTATION – Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police (GACP) – President David Lyons, Police Chief, Garden City, Georgia
2) PRESENTATION – Chief Roy Pike
3) PRESENTATION – Mr. Pete Waller
4) Consider entering into a Letter of Agreement for planning services with the Coastal Regional Commission.
5) Consider approval of a Fitness Center to be located at the Fire Department.
6) Consider Declaration of Surplus Property.
7) Consider purchase of a Trailer for Public Works in the amount of $7,000. (CIP/SPLOST proceeds)
8) Consider a Resolution in support of a Lease-Purchase agreement with the Government Capital Corporation.
9) Consider entering into a Lease-Purchase agreement for a loan for the purpose of purchasing water meters in the amount of $400,000. (CIP/SPLOST proceeds)
10) Consideration of entering into a Water and Sewer Agreement with Mr. Herb Black for Main Street Village Continuous Care Retirement Community.
11) Consider a recommendation from the Planning Commission for a Minor Subdivision for the Estate of W.H. Rawlins located on Conaway Road.
12) Discussion of Christmas Holidays for City employees.
13) Consider correction to City Council’s vote to participate in the City’s insurance plan.
14) Consider approval or denial of granting a Conditional Use for an Ice Storage Vending Machine in a C-1 Zoning District at #2 West Highway 80 or schedule a Public Hearing.
15) Consider provision of water service to Adams Road residents.
16) Discussion of potential DOT Local Maintenance Improvement Grant (LMIG) projects.
17) Consider a well permit application to supply water for Michael Wedincamp development at 300 Highway 80.
18) Consider purchase of Dell laptop and desktop computers for the Police Department in the amount of $5,036.52.
These are the items presented for consideration for inclusion on the City Council Agenda prior to the deadline of Wednesday, July 9, 2014.
Accounts Payable – Need motion
Adjourn – Need motion